Thursday, September 17, 2009

Whohoo 3 challenges done.......

Good Morning!! I am so excited I got to play last night and I got three challenges done with my two cards!! I actually made 3 but can't show the other one :)

Anyways the first card is for A Spoonful of Sugar ~ and the theme is Fall into Autumn. (The sketch is from the WOJ challenge a couple weeks ago!! I also masked and stamped three images which was the challenge at Sukkersott a couple weeks ago as well!! LOL I am just happy I finally finished it!)

The punch is from Martha Stewart and the leaves are from the cuttlebug. I went over them with Fired Brick and Vintage Photo distress crackle paint. The little leaves on my image are leftover from the punch.
I also want to submit it for the GDT at Whiff of Joy! You have until the 19th I believe to enter your cards. The paper is from MME and it is actually Christmas paper but I thought it was nice for Autumn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My next card is for the challenge over at Just Magnolia and they want to see embossing. I used a Halloween Cuttlebug folder, punched out some designs and then sanded them down. I also used the sketch provided by Sketch Saturday. Since the orange distress inks are too bright for this MME paper I decided to play around to get one closer in color. I mixed 1 drop of Walnut stain and 4 or 5 drops of Spiced Marmalade and I think it got pretty close. I love that I got to get some distressing in here ~ Halloween is perfect for the dark distressing I think! Sentiment is PTI and the flowers are the new Primas ~ Country Elegance.

Well thanks so much for stopping by and for sticking with me for my longer post! I know I had to post both cards now or the challenges would be over and I would miss them again! LOL
We have a very busy day today starting with a funeral and ending with Teacher's conferences!! Already ~ I cannot believe it!
I hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks so much for all your lovely comments!!

34 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

They're both fabulous, Kathy! Love fall cards! THe colors are gorgeous and your coloring is wonderful! Great details and love the designs! hugs!

Anki said...

Love them both Kathy. Your skills with distress is just amazing. I still need to practise with mine - but currently I am practising my copic skills - so maybe next month..hihi.... Kramis - Anki

LOUISE said...

Two beautiful cards kathy, love them both. Louise x

Anonymous said...

Both cards are great!
Awesome coloring ;0)

TFS

Janneke X

Tara said...

Very clever stuff Kathy and such gorgeous cards! I really love the way you've even used the leftover leaves from your MS border punch on the WOJ card and then such a fab idea to cut out sections of your embossed folder for the Magnolia card...... now why can't I think outside the box like that, lol?!
Hugs Tara xx

debby4000 said...

Oh both cards are stunning, fabulous colours and fab work with the images but my fave it the Halloween Tilda one.
luv
Debby

Nancy said...

Love both of your cards. Your coloring is perfect and I love all the details of both cards. Great job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Yvonne Hagane said...

Kathy, both cards are gorgeous!!
I absolutely adore your halloweencard, though. The colors and your coloring are outstanding!!
What a fabulous color combo.
How do you get a hallowee card THAT gorgeous!?
Hugs.

Rach said...

fantastic cards Kathy they are both delicious hun.. gorgeous colours and details. hugs rachxx

Tracey said...

WOW!!! These are both just gorgeous! I love all of the little detail you put to your cards!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, wow! Both your cards are gorgeous! I love the coloring with the distress inks and am going to give that a try. I have some perfect images for that medium. Super details on your cards...XO

4furbabies said...

Thank you Kathy for sharing these great cards with us . they are really cute - lay-outs and coloring is get.
God Bless, Chris

Sharri said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love your distressing and you color beautifully!

Juls said...

so gorgeous!1 Love the colours and the leaf detail on the first one!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

These cards are both fabulous Kathy. Your work is always so detailed and the colour is always perfect!!! what a clever lady you are. I always enjoy my visits. Hope you've had a good week, hugs Linda x

Aija said...

Kathy, love your pink & brown card but this is something truly special. That little Halloween girl looks so fab! The way you have coloured her is so stunning!
Hugs,
Aija

Norma said...

Kathy, both cards are gorgeous. Love the fall colours. Your colouring is always top notch. I like all the embelishments.

Hugs.
Norma

kaylou said...

Hi Kathy
wow your work is stunning, love your colouring it's perfect,gorgeous colours and layout.
hugs kaylou xoxo

Suzanne J Dean said...

Oooh, love the WOJ card--screams fall & so cute! And lil' witchie tilda is spooktacular--she's a cutie & love the layout!

hugz,
Suzanne

Lilian said...

These cards are just gorgeous works Kathy!!! Your coloring with the distress inks are just amazing. Love both your cards but my fave is the Halloween one. The embossed circles did me in lol! Have a wonderful day!

cabio's craft corner said...

Both cards are so lovely. The colorings are amazing!
Hugs,
Cabio

cats whiskers said...

Morning Kathy dear, two little stunners again here I love your colouring of both of the cards, and I adore that gorgeous little Tilda image. Have a great weekend dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Debbie said...

2 fabulous cards Kathy the colours are just stunning,thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Anki said...

Just me again - thank you for your sweet words and so happy that you managed to join us for our blog hop over at BnW today. Wish you luck and a great weekend my friend. Kramis - Anki

Anonymous said...

I love the distressed look and your color choices. great card all around! Thanks for sharing.
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Rosette said...

Wow Kathy.. they are both Beautiful!! Such talent you have :)

Have a happy weekend.. and I hope you go and visit once more BnW blog today :))

Big hugs xx

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh both of these cards are just so super fabulous, Kathy! I don't have any of the adorable Halloween Magnolia images...can you beleive it,lol..she is absoloutly adorbale and your colouring is soooo beautiful! Love your take of that sketch too it is just brilliant! I love your Oakley card too! I have cut all the paper for that WOJ sketch but didn't get it made...think I will now though thanks for the great inspiration, hun! I love your blog and all you stunning creations! Oh and I haven't been out to 3:00 a.m. in a very long time either...but it was fun...kinda felt like I was in High school or college all over again,lol!
Have a great weekend!
hugs,t

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

thank you for entering my blog candy.
your card is wonderful
have a great weekend
claudia

Victoria said...

Hi Kathy

these are both lovely, so much effort and detail.

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog, the oval/square mat is a Quickutz cookie cutter die set - a bit like nestabilities, work just the same, look similar and go through the cuttlebug or whatever too. In sale at Crafts U love I think

Victoria
x

Minxy said...

Oh look how absolutly delightful this card is, super cute x

CraftyC said...

Both gorgeous cards kathy and so beautifully coloured!
Clairex

Janiel/ janny said...

hi sweetie, LOVE them both!!!!!!! Hope all is well with you ...

hugs, janny

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow these cards are both terrific I especially love the mag card! Beth

Tammi said...

These are both beautiful, I love all the different leaves in that first card. xx