Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Spoonful of Sugar for your Lemonade???

I know it is corny but I have two cards to show today!! The first one is for A Spoonful of Sugar!! They had a lovely sketch to use for this week!! AND you can use ANY image that you want from now on!! So I decided to use this cute Tilda. I had to make my Aunt a b-day card and her favorite color is red!! This is like the only paper I have of that color so it was not hard to pick!! (LOL) I went with paper piecing because I don't have that color blue ! (UGH I really hate that!!) AND please excuse the glitter pen I went alittle nuts with it!! (o.k, o.k alot nuts ~ LOL)!



The second card is for me!! (LOL) I loved this image from the Sweet 'n Sassy Summer Fun set with the matching sentiments from the Summer Sentiments set. (Say that 5 times fast!)
This was a new release from last month. I also paper pieced the lemonade and lemon in the pitcher and then went over it with liquid glass. I say that it is for me because last year my brother and family moved up closer to me after living so far away for 11 years!! NOW yesterday my SIL tells me they are going back for 6 months!! That is rotten every holiday will be over by the time they get back!!! (WAH) So I have to make Lemonade!!!The sketch for this card was inspired by 2 sketches 4 you!

Anyway I hope everyone has a fantastic day and thanks so much for stopping by!! Off to buy school shoes for the girls!!

34 comments:

Debbie said...

Fab cards Kathy Love the colours of the first one and a great take on the sketch, Thanks for playing along this week,
hugs Debbie x

Sandra said...

Hi,two lovely cards,love the Tilda one,you've paper pieced her beautifully i'm sure your aunt will love it...
Sandra x

Anonymous said...

Great cards Kathy! Of course my fave it the lemonade card! How clever of you! And your attitude is great, keep making lemonade!

Michele Kovack said...

These are both fantastic! I love the pocket card idea! Toooo cute!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous Kathy!!
Clairexx

Dawny P said...

Both fabulous Kathy - especially Tilda!! Hoep you are having a great day xxx

Anonymous said...

great idea for the sketch !!! Fabulous card!!!
hugs tina

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card for the sketch
Kath
xxxx

LISA said...

both cards are lovely xxx

Gill said...

Beautiful cards, the tilda one is fab, I love that red paper, I think I saw that on one of your other cards and I loved it then. the lemonade card is so sweet, I love the little pocket
lv Gill x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both cards are fabulous Kathy, I love the prettiness of the first and the cute Tilda, really love the design of the second and great idea to add the lemonade sachet, Hugs, Nikki x

Unknown said...

What an awesome idea for a card :) I love it what you did with the S24Y Sketch - super cute!

Nixe-Moni said...

Both cards are just so gorgeous. My fave card is the Tilda card. Looks so cute with the wonderful colours and details.
Hugs, Moni

Ceal said...

I love this! you do Awesome work!

Lea L. said...

Well...aren't both of those cards just adorable! I love how you included the lemonade packet on the second one...such a sweet idea! Great job with this week's sketch!

~Lea

Suzanne J Dean said...

Love the Tilda card and the dp you used--red is my favorite color too and I have lots of red paper (I coulda loaned ya some). Love the lemonade card/holder--clever.

TFS--
Suzanne

Rosanne said...

What cute cards!

Kathryn said...

WOW - gorgeous cards -- love both of them and the details are fabulous!

Ila said...

These cards are Gorgeous!! I love them both..and what great ideas!!...Hugs, Ila

Lisette Gibbons said...

Fabulous work Kathy

Joke said...

Wow, you have been busy. Lovely cards.

Joke

debby4000 said...

gorgeous cards, but love the Tilda one best, love the papers and the paper piecing you done makes it very striking.

Frances said...

both fab - love the lemonade one. Aww shame about your bro moving but at least it's only for 6mths so you won't have to make lemonade for that long ;) xx

cats whiskers said...

Kathy this is beautiful (Top card) wonderful colours and your colouring is great. Love the lemonade card as well, what a great idea
lots of hugs from England
Jacqui x

**Nancy** said...

I love both your cards but OMG...the "lemonade" card is way too cute!! What a great idea!!

Laurel said...

Wow, super de duper! I love the colors of the blue and red together!

Eveline said...

What a great card and I love the sentiment.
Eveline.

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Kathy I love the paper piecing and your colours Jill x

Annie said...

2 fabulous cards, I particularly like the first one with Tilda and how you paper pieced her outfit - gorgeous! annie x

Rach said...

fantastic cards Kathy,
as they always are!!!!
Sorry to hear your brother is moving away for quite awhile but he will be back.....keep smiling....big hugs rachxx
btw still not received the stamps...:(
hugs rachxx

Bev said...

Totally gorgeosu cards Kathy, just love your use of colours and papers - stunning!

Tara Godfrey said...

Kathy, You have two great cards here but I especially love sweet Tilda...fabulous paper, and paper piecing. I need to get me some of those fancy brads...they are fab!
Tara

Brocéliane said...

two gorgeous cards :)
*Brocéliane*

LizzyWizzy said...

Lovely card!
The ribbon and Tilda's skirt are cute :-)