Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just Animals...

..is challenge #19 for CCT this week and their is a great prize to be won!! A new Sarah Kay stamp!! (AND I don't have this one yet!) I have to tell you taking part in these challenges really help me along with ideas for cards!! I had to make a b-day card for my baby brother (31) and I couldn't think of ANYTHING!!! My household growing up was filled with more testosterone that you can imagine so I literally hate when it is time to make a card for one of my several brothers!! Then when I seen animals was the theme my problem was solved!! I found this plaid paper with a touch of pink through it and thought that would be alright because I needed something to match the pigs from my image!! (Thanks again Fran!!!) My kids said it wasn't girly at all so I can blame them if he says anything!! (LOL) I ran the cardstock through the Happy Birthday cuttlebug folder, sanded it then distressed it with brown ink. I put all the panels on foam tape for dimension!!! A nice simple and non-frills card!!! One down two to go!!! (Out of 7 boys 4 were born in July!!)

Paper: K& Co.
Ink: Archival jet black, ditressed ink in brown corduroy
Accessories: Ribbon ~ Cosmo Cricket, buttons from my stash, arrow ~ cut with cs


Thanks for stopping by and have a great night!!!

14 comments:

Andrea, said...

Great card, fabulous image and great colours and papers.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Stamp In Style,Cut It Cute said...

Thanks for popping by and your lovely comments about my Westie Sketch! I have been thinking about making my sketches into stamps but haven't got around to it yet lol!
I was just admiring your Pig Card and thinking how fab it was!......Mens cards are always a challenge for me and this ones brilliant!
Suze x

Sue said...

great card,cute image and fab colours:-)

sue
xx

Sandy said...

I love the card and I think it's a perfect "man" type card!

Sandy

Christi said...

This is adorable!!! I love it!!

Dawny P said...

This is just FAB and I LOVE it!!! Of course, it has to be the cute little piggies lol xxx Can I ask you which stamp that is please Kathy - cos I would love to buy it xx

tiina38 said...

This is beautiful card. Blue in card is lovely!!!

Hugs, Tiina

Debbie said...

Fab card, and a great image I'm sure your brother will love it.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

What a fun card Kathy, love the cute piggies, and the pretty papers you have used. Hugs Nikki x

Moni said...

a very nice card

Deb said...

fantastic card, such a perfect male card, the pigs are so cute yet not girly cute! thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Bev said...

Oh it's just brilliant Kathy - love those piggies!

Moni said...

Die Karte ist wunderschön.

Heike said...

Wow, this is amazing the pig's are so cute......Wonderful Papers and Colors.