Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just Animals...

..is challenge #19 for CCT this week and their is a great prize to be won!! A new Sarah Kay stamp!! (AND I don't have this one yet!) I have to tell you taking part in these challenges really help me along with ideas for cards!! I had to make a b-day card for my baby brother (31) and I couldn't think of ANYTHING!!! My household growing up was filled with more testosterone that you can imagine so I literally hate when it is time to make a card for one of my several brothers!! Then when I seen animals was the theme my problem was solved!! I found this plaid paper with a touch of pink through it and thought that would be alright because I needed something to match the pigs from my image!! (Thanks again Fran!!!) My kids said it wasn't girly at all so I can blame them if he says anything!! (LOL) I ran the cardstock through the Happy Birthday cuttlebug folder, sanded it then distressed it with brown ink. I put all the panels on foam tape for dimension!!! A nice simple and non-frills card!!! One down two to go!!! (Out of 7 boys 4 were born in July!!)

Paper: K& Co.
Ink: Archival jet black, ditressed ink in brown corduroy
Accessories: Ribbon ~ Cosmo Cricket, buttons from my stash, arrow ~ cut with cs


Thanks for stopping by and have a great night!!!

14 comments:

Andrea, said...

Great card, fabulous image and great colours and papers.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

SewSuzySew said...

Thanks for popping by and your lovely comments about my Westie Sketch! I have been thinking about making my sketches into stamps but haven't got around to it yet lol!
I was just admiring your Pig Card and thinking how fab it was!......Mens cards are always a challenge for me and this ones brilliant!
Suze x

Sue said...

great card,cute image and fab colours:-)

sue
xx

Sandy said...

I love the card and I think it's a perfect "man" type card!

Sandy

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!!! I love it!!

Dawny P said...

This is just FAB and I LOVE it!!! Of course, it has to be the cute little piggies lol xxx Can I ask you which stamp that is please Kathy - cos I would love to buy it xx

Cecilia said...

This is beautiful card. Blue in card is lovely!!!

Hugs, Tiina

Debbie said...

Fab card, and a great image I'm sure your brother will love it.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fun card Kathy, love the cute piggies, and the pretty papers you have used. Hugs Nikki x

Unknown said...

a very nice card

Deb said...

fantastic card, such a perfect male card, the pigs are so cute yet not girly cute! thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Bev said...

Oh it's just brilliant Kathy - love those piggies!

Moni said...

Die Karte ist wunderschön.

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, this is amazing the pig's are so cute......Wonderful Papers and Colors.