Monday, May 17, 2010

Roses on Paper Challenge ~ Gifts

Good Morning!
Today is a new challenge over at
Roses on Paper. Anki wants you to
make a gift for someone. Your choice.
My friend couldn't make it to Kelsey's first
Communion so her and her family made a trip up
this week-end to see her.  I wanted to make
something more special than a thank you card so I seen
this on Lene's blog and thought it was perfect as she
loves candles! Very easy but looks gorgeous!


I had to change the measurements as my tealights were
a tad big for the tutorial. I wen with this cutie for the image.

Of course I wanted to do shabby chic so I have
yet again went crazy with my distress crackle paint!
The papers are from Fancy Pants Vintage Valentine and
the flowers are from Prima. Circle sentiment is from Catslife
Press and the other is from WOJ.

Here is another view from the side. I even decorated the
edges with the paint on the sides as well!




Well thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you can find
time to play along! I love this challenge as I hope
to get some idea!! LOL
I hope you all have a fabulous day!!!

:)Kathy

18 comments:

Emma and Susan said...

This is a beautiful creation Kathy, We really love it. The image is so sweet and your colours are really pretty,
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous Kathy.
luv
Debby

Rach said...

delish Kathy, this is a gorgeous creation, i keep meaning to have a go at this one, but have to work out the measurements for a box to pop it in... i have even gone and bought the little candles for it... :) will have to get my butt into gear i think.. xxx

Sharon said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Love it!

Rosette said...

Wowee Kathy, a wonderful gift for someone special!! It is adorable, and if I got a gift like that, I would never want to open it and use what's inside!! lol

Hugs, and so happy you're back with the team!! xx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous Kathy! I adore all your painted edges and beautiful colouring! I love this image :)

Hugs Judy xx

Jodie from Oz said...

Kathy, Love this gorgeous creation, a wonderful gift idea. Have a great week. hugs Jodie from Oz

Fleur said...

Wow Kathy this is absolulty fab, your colouring is gorgeous. What a lovely gift.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Kathy, wow another stunning card. I love your colouring you manage to really bring the images to life. I must take some lessons from you! love this image and the details you've added. Thank you for sharing. Hugs Linda x

Nikki said...

Hey Kathy,

Long time no speak, I've been MIA for a while but I've been keeping up with your fabulous work nonetheless - Well done on your RoP DT appt, you absolutely deserve it hun - I'm loving your shabby chic style at the moment - you really are creating some gorgeous projects.

Hope you're OK,

Nikki xxx

Christine said...

it's wonderful!! love it
little angel

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kathy,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nicola said...

Wow what a lovely creation and something you would cherish. The image and colour compliment each very well too. Nicky

Audhild said...

What a beautiful card you have made. I love the image and the papers. I'm looking forward to work with you at Belles'n Whistles.

Hugs Audhild

Deb said...

this is beautiful Kathy, I haven't tried this one yet but must do it soon, such a great gift! hugs Debx

AMIT said...

Its just lovely card.

Bpo Projects

Jodi said...

Very pretty box!! I love the coloring of your image and the vintage look makes it even more elegant!
Hugs
Jodi =)