Monday, February 1, 2010

Love you.......

Good Evening!
Tonight I have a card to show you that was from an inspiration challenge
that I had seen this week-end. I just fell in love with the picture and had
to try it out!


See what I mean!! How could I not join in with those buttons
and handwritten vintagey letters!  The challenge is here at
(If you don't want to play along you should at least go and see
her blog ~ everything is gorgeous!!!)

Anyways here is what the photo inspired me to do:
(Sketch is from last week's Sketchy Colors challenge)
(And the Double Dutch Challenge this week is
Be My Valentine!)




Now that I see the two together they are not that similar!! haha
My red is a bit deeper and my card a little more distressed!! LOL
(But I did use buttons, twine, script and a tag!!)

 I just love the cream and white mixed and I think it is
the first time I have tried it out!! I also just got this
ribbon and had to use it! I have been looking for thicker ribbon
and I found it at the dollar tree! I was so excited!

The adorable Hanglar image was given to me by
a very sweet lady who knew I would love them so she
sent me some during the holidays!!! I finally got up
the nerve to use them!
(Thank you so much!!! wink,wink)

The paper is from K&Co ~ 2 different packs and my
image was colored with distress inks and twinkling h2o's.
I also added some glitter to the red hearts and and the script heart has
a clear Sakura glitter pen smeared all on it!
I went with this sentiment as that is what I youngest has been saying to me lately!
I heart you!! I think she got it from Sunday school!! LOL

Well thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to stop by tomorrow to see who won the candy!
I am going to draw two names ~ the first will get to choose between the Oakley
stamp and I have another WOJ stamp from the Happy Mail collection that I
thought I had given away already!! LOL

Have a lovely day!!

23 comments:

Dena said...

Speechless Kathy!!! This is just too perfect! Love, love the image and the way you interpreted the picture!!!
Hugs, Dena

Diane said...

love it, and love the vintage~distressed colors....so pretty!

AndreaM said...

Fantastic card! The colour combo is fabulous! I like everything on your card!

Hugs,
Andrea

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy, I love your blog and always nice made cards! This one is gorgeous again. I love the colours, great! Regards Ageeth

Sandie said...

I think you did a great job. I love Melis's blog, her work is so beautiful.

Love, love, love that image you've used and coloured so nicely. Great idea with the tag!!

Lena Katrine said...

OMG! This is absolutely amazingly stunning! Love the colours, the papers, the details, the beautifully coloured image, the... Everything is just perfect!!

Have a great day! Hugs, Lena

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful Kathy! You can totally see the inspiration from the pic! I love the colours and the vintagey feel to it. Gorgeous! Hugs, Rowena

Marion said...

Fabulous card. I adore that image and the colouring is gorgeous.
Marion

Di said...

OH this is just stunning !!!!love it love evrything you have done with it, just gorgeous!

Hugs Di xxx

Tammi said...

Ooohhh Kathy it's stunning, love how you colored her, this is sooo gorgeous!! ~Hugs

Danielle said...

This is so adorable Kathy! Wow - I love everything about this card! The colours are just gorgeous and of course the image speaks for itself!
Hugs, Danielle

Melissa said...

Simply adorable...I love this sweet, sweet card. Thank you so much for playing along.
Melis

Ingrid said...

What a lovely card. It's a pleasure to look at! You're right, the white's go perfect together. Great job!
Hugs Ingrid

Julie said...

Oooh can so see why you had to make a card having seen the inspiration! Your card is fab, love the vintage feel and colours are divine!! Juliexx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Kathy, love the colours
Clairex

Ila said...

Totally Gorgeous Kathy!!...I love the vintage papers...Fabulous Hanglar, coloring and lovely details!!...Hugs, Ila

Deb said...

this is so gorgeous KAthy, love how you interpreted the picture! hugs Debx

Stempeltiger said...

Your card is adorable!
I love the colours, the cute image and the sweet details.
Hugs
Swantje

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Kathy, wow what an absolutely gorgeous card, the colours are just perfect, and that image is sssoooooo cute! have a lovely day hunny hugs Linda x

Nikki said...

Wow hun, I love this card so much!!

Fabulous work xxx

Jean Franks Beck said...

Adorable inspired card! Love the little tag and pocket!

Jodie from Oz said...

Kathy, wow, your card is stunning, I love the beautiful vintage papers and the image is fabulous along with your amazing colouring
Hugs Jodie from Oz

stephanne said...

Well, I figured I'd have a proper snoop around your blog after opening up your creative inspirations entry, I am glad I did, your creations are fantastic!! This hAngar is gorgeously coloured and I love all the vintage elements you've used, positively fab!!
Take Care,
Stephanne