Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sugar Bowl *28* ~ Marlene's Sketch......

Morning! Today it is time for another sketch challenge over at the Sugar Bowl!! This week Marlene has given us this fab sketch and her option was to use lace!! With lace as the option I of course had to go vintagey and get my card all distressed:
I used the cracked glass technique for my main image. I guess I have the "odd" brain of the bunch as I am the only one who didn't put faces in the 4 boxes!! haha I always knew I wasn't like everyone else!!

Paper: K & Co.
Inks: Distress inks, twinkling h20's
Accessories: lace ~ JoAnn's, flower ~ retro punch


Have you seen the new Manga kids images available at Funky Kits??? Well if you like them you will want to play along as they are the prize for this week!!


``````````````````````````````````````````````



Before I go I also want to mention that I have a "Ways to use it" tutorial for nestablilites over at the Whiff of Joy tutorial blog. And if you come back later I will have a sneak peek of a new set by Elizabeth Bell to show you! My fellow DT will as well I am sure!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous card....love the vintagey distressed feel and of course the cracked glass looks fab! ha ha I thought my idea was so original....obviously not!

Hope you are well,
Hugs Judy xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow totaly fabulous card ,beautiful colouring and detail
hugs Dawnxxx
NEW MEGA CANDY ON MY BLOG.

Lisa Jane said...

What a lovely card. have not tried the cracked glass technique , but it is very effective
Lisa ;)

Janiel/ janny said...

What a stunning card Kathy!!! Love th image with the crakle... Perfect!!
Hope all is weel with you.
hugs, Janiel

Diana said...

Holy MOSES! What a beautiful card. This is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juls said...

Fab!! Love the crackle glaze effect! Hugs Juls

Yvonne Hagane said...

What a beautiful card, Kathy!
Love the cracked glass effect on your image, and of course the beautiful vintage style. Well done!

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card, stunning!!!
Hugs Fleur xXx

Danielle said...

Awesome card Kathy! I love the cracked glass technique. Really love that sentiment tag too!
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Kathy, love it to bits :)
You're a total genius with the cracked glass look, awesome!

Big hugs, Marlene x

Lilian said...

Love the vintage look and your take on the sketch. :)

Tiets said...

oo this is lovely Kathy I love the vintage colors!
Hugs Tiets

having a {me} day said...

Oh WOW!! This is just gorgeous. I love the crackled image and those beautiful colours you've used. AWESOME!! Keeleyxx

Tammi said...

Just stunning, love the vintage look and what you did with the sketch, looks fabulous! xx