Thursday, July 16, 2009

Challenge *14* ~ Gayle's sketch

Good morning!!

Over at the Sugar Bowl today Gayle has made a great sketch for us to use. It is really an easy one and allows for so many interpretations. I decided to go with a "Christmas in July" theme. I really went with that because of the size and shape of the image but it really is a good idea to get started with the cards!When I started the card and picked out the papers I was a bit hesitant because I hate coloring with the red distress ink! For some reason it always makes a mess for me!! So I decided to use my twinkling h20's and I love the result! I used Jasper red for the bows and fruit and poppy red for her dress. You cannot tell from the picture that it is very sparkly!
Anyways the option is ribbon and bows. I also picked the image because there are alot of bows in it! I have made one also with my twine.

Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Inks: distress inks, twinkling h20's
accessories: lace and twine ~ stash, button ~ Basic Grey, brads ~ Making Memories


Make sure to stop and see the other ladies fabulous creations!! Also I almost forgot the prize for this one is the new Manga Anime stamps. There are 4 and they are very cute!

EDIT: I have also been informed that this fits the Cute Card Thursday challenge of X-mas in July and that is what I almost called my post!!! (LOL)

Well thanks so much for stopping by! I hope everyone has a fabulous day!! I will be painting again!! That is what I have spent the last week doing ~ shutters and an entertainment center!! Fun stuff!! (LOL)

31 comments:

Lilian said...

Kathy, this is gorgeous! Love your coloring with the distress inks and your details are really beautiful! I better hide your blog from my niece - I haven't even finished her other card yet :P Really awesome card! Have a great day!

Tara said...

Kathy I love this - the layout is divine and your colours are so beautiful!! xx

Yvonne Hagane said...

Totally gorgeous!!! I am always amazed by your excellent coloring skills! And I love the way you put things together. Your cards have such a warm feel to them.
Hugs Yvonne.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Adorable card Kathy, love the cute image and your colouring ans papers are beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

Rach said...

Kathy this is so beautiful.
love your colouring with the twinks.. bet it does shine like mad.... fabulous layout and details.. gorgeous job. hugs rachxx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Just stunning Kathy! Well done on getting started with the Christams cards. I love your colouring ...just beautiful and the journalling card is looks perfect! Have a fab day painting! Hugs Judy xx

Frances said...

Ooo I just love everything about this card Kathy, the whole vintagey feel is fab - that red is gorgeous (hope I've got that red amongst my batch of H2Os . . haven't played with them yet!) You've also met this week's CCT challenge already too :).

have fun painting (try not to get it in your hair ;) )
xx

Tiets said...

Oh my this is fabulous Kathy! I love it!
Hugs Tiets

Anonymous said...

Your card is amazing! I love the papers and the cute image.
Vanja

Annie said...

Hi Kathy! wow what a gorgeous card you have made, and I love this image and how you painted her .. I must get mine out and inked up again!
hugs, annie x

sandra_w said...

Waowwwww! Kathy this is gorgeous! Such a cute image and your colouring is fab as always!

Hugs,
San

Janiel/ janny said...

hello Kathy, What a beautiful card!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!! coloring is awesome as always girlie!!!!!!!!!!
have a great day, janny

Di said...

Oh just how gorgeous is this! i envy the person who gets it this xmas! Just beautiful

Hugs DI xxx

Trudy said...

What a beautiful card Kathy,l love the colours and image.
Hugs Trudy

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Kathy anoter stunning card, loving the image and the vintage look to this, its a lovely card and your colouring is so perfect!!! hugs Linda x

Minxy said...

A beautifully cute card, with a fab vintage feel x

Anki said...

Kathy - it's just adorable! Love your colours and all about this cute card. Sending you warm hugs - Anki

Tab said...

Oh Kathy your card is adorable, just love your image and coloured beautifully too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow kathy, stunning card, love your beautiful colouring!
Gorgeous christmas card!
Erin x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, such wonderful colouring and lovely details.
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Kathy, a beautiful card and lovely embellishments
Clairex

Nixe-Moni said...

OMG Kathy, this is such a stunning card. Love the great details and the cute image. Your colouring is fantastic.
Have a great weekend :)
Big Hugs
Moni

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card Kathy, your colouring is awesome...those H20's really make a difference...I know what you mean about colouring with reds...I have the same problem with copics!
Beautiful papers and details.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Jane said...

Wow this is stunning Kathy! The colours are gorgeous, and I love all the details you've added and how bits of the image are protruding from the square! Gorgeous! hugs, Jane x

Cathy said...

Kathy, this is gorgeous!! Beautiful work on this!! Love it!! Hugs, Cathy

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card and such wonderful colours. Love the little image I dunno if I've seen her over at Funky Kits - I'l have to go look again! Gorgeous colouring and I love what you've done with Gayle sketch!

Kimmi x

Victoria said...

This is just gorgeous Kathy. Love the vintage christmas theme and the yummy cosmo cricket papers go so perfectly with this sweet image!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kathy,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and stunning Kathy, love how everything just goes together perfectly!
Stunning!!
Hugs, Marlene x

having a {me} day said...

WOW! This is AWESOME!! I love the papers you've used, your detail and your fabulous colouring on that gorgeous image. Fabulous card! katxx

Katarina said...

What a fantastic card. I just saw it on the sugarbowl blog and had to comment :)