Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sugar Bowl ~ My Sketch!!!

Sorry I am so late with this!!! I meant to do it last night but I was wrapped up in something and totally forgot!!! Be gentle with me as this is my first "made-up" sketch. Here is my take on it.... (I am having trouble uploading my picture of the sketch so you will have to go to the Sugar Bowl Blog to check it out ~ sorry) Make sure to visit the other Sweeties blogs as there cards are so pretty! I really love seeing how everyone else interprets the sketch!!
To be eligible for the prize the option this week is pearls! (And of course use a Sugar Nellie Stamp!!!!)
I decided to go with this image ~ she is soo cute and I love this image way more than I thought I would!! Love her expression and she was so much fun to color!

Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Inks: distress inks
Accessories: Pearls ~ Melissa Frances, flowers ~ Prima


The reason I was so wrapped up was yesterday while finally getting a dress I decided to pick up the Twilight book to see what all the hoopla was. Well I am the type of person that when I start a job I usually have to finish ~ just due to me being very impatient! (LOL) Well anyway I only grabbed the one book thinking it was very thick and it would take me a week anyway to finish. Well I finished it all in one reading!! I was up way late and totally forgot about the post!! (SORRY)

Anyways thanks so much for visiting and I hope you have the time to try the sketch out!! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!! Hope you all have a great day ~ it is supposed to be gorgeous here for the next couple of days!!

21 comments:

Elena said...

The card is so beautiful, Kathy! Very nice sketch!!!
I also reading Twilight books, just oredered the last part from the library!

Danielle said...

Awesome card Kathy - fantastic sketch! I love the tones and embellishments you've used!
Hugs, Danielle

Chris said...

Wonderful card - I love the vintage feel and all of the details. I finished the series of Twilight books in a week - after my daughter pestered me to "try" one forever. I thought "vampires?" how silly - silly of me!! :)

Anonymous said...

Truly stunning sketch Kathy... loved working with it!
Your card is so gorgeous and the image is coloured to perfection.
Love all the details too!
Hugs, Marlene x

Frances said...

heehee, did you enjoy the book then? you'll have to read them all now - 2nd one wasn't as good but the 3rd & 4th made up for it. I've just 'discovered the HBO series 'true blood' and am hooked on that now. Have a good day Fran x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is stunning Kathy and the layout is fabulous. I love the sweet image and your gorgeous colouring, Hugs, Nikki x

Yvonne Hagane said...

Oh my!! Its absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colors and I love the little stamped text on the side.
You`ve done a great job on the sketch too.
Yvonne.

Lilian said...

Layout's awesome Kathy! Your card is really gorgeous! I am loving all the coloring, sponging and papers. wow wow wow! That's alota pearls too ;)
Ah, twilight... Haven't read the book but watched the movie and loved it! Have a great day!

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful card Kathy, I just love these vintage-y cards. Your coloring is beautiful. Have a great day!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and brilliant sketch.
luv
Debby

Tiets said...

Your sketch was fun working with Kathy and your card is fabulous!
Hugs Tiets

Anonymous said...

Stunning card KLathy, love it. i know what you mean about Twilight it too was curious but couldn't put it dow. they get better too. Have a fab weekend.

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card, love the colouring. Anesha

Jill said...

gorgeous card Kathy and fantastic sketch can't wait to find the time to give it a try hugs Jill xx

NormaJean said...

Your card is Beautiful!! I just love the colors. and thank you for the nice comments on my card
Hugs Norma

Anonymous said...

Love your card and loved the layout too. Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog
Love Sarah XXX

Cathy said...

Your card is beautful!! The colors are stunning and your coloring of the image is great!!

I am a total Twilight fan!! You have to read the other books in the series!! Be careful though, you can't put them down!!

Smiles, Cathy

Minxy said...

I love the distressed-ness of this card, kinda shabby, super sweet, your so good at what you do :O)

Tara Godfrey said...

Such a great sketch, Kathy, and such a super stunning card!!!! Just adore it to bits!! Every little detail is just perfection and I love the image and your stunning colouring!
I hope to play along with the Sugar Bowl Challenge as I Judy so kindly sent me some Gorjuss Girls images...yay!!!
Hugs,t

strawberry fields said...

Thanks for a great challenge. What a beautiful card and gorgeous blog
fiona x

Ceal said...

So Beautiful!! I finally got mine posted for this week at the sugar bowl I hope I am not too late.