Sunday, November 30, 2008

A couple cards...

I finally got these cards colored. I have 3 more sitting that need to be colored in. The girls discovered the watercolor and now I can't get them to leave the stuff alone!! There coloring isn't bad though! Maybe I can get them to color my images!! (LOL) Here is the first card. It is another Christmas card I can scratch off my list. I have used the sketch from Friday Sketchers!! (Thanks Carole!) The sketch was a simple one and I decided to leave the card the same. I didn't want to over load it with embellishments! I rather liked the way it looked without alot! It is different from my other cards! (No distressing).

Paper: CS ~ Bazzil, MME
Inks: distressed inks
Accessories: Flowers ~ Prima, glitter ~ Martha Stewart, brads ~ MM, Sentiment sticker ~ Melissa Frances

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next card is from the sketch Katharina gave for the DT call. I had a look at the other cards made for this and I am glad I don't have to pick!! Alot of them are gorgeous and I LOVE looking at the slideshow to see all the different interpretations of the same sketch!! I needed to make a thank you card for my parents and I just love this image ~ she is so cute!! I hope they like it!! (LOL)

Paper: K & Co.
Inks: distressed inks and my glitter pen
Accessories: Tag & Charm ~ Tim Holtz, flowers ~ Prima, flower punch ~ Martha Stewart, word window punch, ribbon ~ Melissa Frances


Well I hope everyone had a fabulous week-end! I can't believe tomorrow is the first of December!! Time goes by way to fast......

15 comments:

Anki said...

Lovely cards Kathy! I am sure they are doing a great job with your watercolours - since I would assume they take after their Mom ;-) Kram - Anki

angeljakki said...

what lovely cards, the colours and colouring are amazing x x x

cats whiskers said...

Oh Kathy these are so sweet love your soft colours, sorry I have been a bad blogger but what with the Advent calendar event and company, and christmas not enough hours in the day
Hugs Jacqui x

Torill said...

Realy great cards! You are FAB!
And thanks for stopping by my blog and for siing those kind words!
Have a nice week!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards and wonderful work using the sketches.

Anonymous said...

Two gorgeous cards Kathy, your colouring is just beautiful. Thanks for trying my sketch...your finished card is perfect as it is...less is more!
Have a great week.
Carole :-)

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy. I love your colouring. You are right to leave the first one. the image is so beautiful it speaks for itself. I hope your parents love their thank you card!
Judy x

Rach said...

Kathy you have made two stunning and beautiful cards hun. good luck in the dt call. hugs rachxx

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy. Love the coloring and the beautiful papers and embellies you have chosen! Hugs Jeanette

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

I love the vintage look to your designs, adorable cards!

Annie said...

beautiful cards and colouring and I love the touch of lace on the WOJ card. hugs, annie x

Bev said...

Stunning! I'm running out of what to say about your cards Kathy except that I think I am your biggest fan!!!

big hugs
Bev x

Elena said...

Very beautiful cards! Love the embellishments you used! And of course always adore your coloring!

Heidi said...

Your cards are so beautiful - Love them

hugs from
Heidi

Ali Watson said...

Stunning cards, fantastic colouring.