Sunday, August 24, 2008

Challenge #8 is a sketch......

...over at the Sarah Kay weekly challenge blog!! It is a great sketch to work with!! I decided to use this one and so did a few others (LOL)!! Make sure you head over there and see the beautiful cards by the rest of the DT!! All the details in the cards are fantastic!!!
For the mat I ran it through the cuttlebug then sanded it!! I love the way that looks especially when it is a darker piece of paper. The script on the background and the flowers is from Paperbag Studios. Sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps. You notice alot of my sentiments are from there, that is because the stampsets ALWAYS have a great selection of them with each set!! I just love that!!
I also wanted to color very light and kinda muted!! From last week's challenge I noticied a few people who did that for the challenge and I think it looks pretty!! Something different to try!! Thanks..... (That is why I love looking at all the different things you girls come up with!!

Paper: Crate Paper Sweet Branch ~ Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Cardstock ~ CTMH
Ink: Archical Jet black and prismapencils with gamsol
Accessories: Flowers ~ Prima, brads ~ Micheals


Well thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a fantastic day!! We are getting ready for school!! Tomorrow is the first day!! I have one going to school all day for the first time and a kindergartener riding the bus for the first time!!! It is going to be a "sentimental" day !!!

21 comments:

Camilla said...

Oh Kathy!! This is sooo beautiful!! Love it! The brown colours, and the flowers look stunning together. And love what the cuttlebug did to your paper!
Hugs, Camilla.

Debbie said...

This is Stunning Kathy I love it,
Hugs Debbie x

Rach said...

ohhh Kathy this is stunning...I love the distressed dark paper...it looks fantastic sanded...and i love your more muted colouring..you are clever...hope all goes well for the girls tomorrow...make sure you take some tissues when you see them off
.....xx

Nixe-Moni said...

Wooow Kathy, I love your card. The papers and the colours are great. Love all the flower and the cute Sarah Kay image.
Hugs, Moni

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Kathy! I love the sanded embossing and the muted colours, I agree it's a beautiful look, especially with these stamps!
Love Becky xx

Aija said...

Yes, I love this card. Since it is brown!! :))
This is so harmonic, nice to watch.
Beautiful details, love them all.
Hugs,
Aija

Lexxie said...

Really stunning card-lovely soft muted colours and lots of texture, just gorgeous xxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh wow Kathy, your card is stunning, I love the distressed look and the papers, Hugs, Nikki x

Lynsey said...

Hi Kathy
Your card is adorable! I love the colours.
Lynsey :)

Catherine said...

what a sweet card

Debbie said...

Kathy this is beautiful. Your colouring is brilliant and I love the colour combo you have used it gives the card a real vintage look. Debbie x

Tara Godfrey said...

Kathy your card is very sweet! I love the embossed & sanded background paper and your soft, subtle colouring very romantic!
Hugs,Tara

Chrissy D said...

Kathy, this is gorgeous! So soft and delicate. Very lovely. I have an award for you on my Blog! TFS!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

sssuuuuuuper cute kathy.
i love the stamp and the colors you used with it.
darling

Lorraine said...

This is beautiful Kathy, the muted colours are so fab and delicate. I just adore the cuttlebug'd and sanded background. Good luck now the summer break is over. We still have a week left before school starts again.

Brocéliane said...

Hi Kathy

love your sweet card:) great colors, stamp, background, details, everything in fact :)

debby4000 said...

beautiful card, love the soft colours works really well with the Sarah Kay image. Doesn't time fly especially when you have little ones, hope all goes well for first day of school.

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, Kathy what a amazing work.....I love this card, the colours and Papers are just so great and wonderful........

Hugs
Heike

Aud said...

Your card is too beautiful - if that's possible! Gorgeous!♥♥♥

Line said...

I love your very sweet card! The colours are so beautiful!

mueppi said...

Oh.. Kathy
your card and this image are so lovely!
Your colouring ist fantastic like every time!
Love Gisela