Friday, March 28, 2008

Fantastic Friday Challenge

This is a new challenge being held at Korin's blog!! She is the owner and artist of Sweet 'n Sassy stamps!! Her next release has the cutest owl in it that can be seen on her blog!! Anyway the challenge is to make a card that has winged creatures on it!!! I was in luck because just as I was finishing this card I got the email and I already had put a bird and a butterfly on my card!! Yippee - that worked out great!!
I used paper from a Making Memories paper pack that I picked up from Micheals. I wanted to create a scene like I see on so many wonderful cards so I used a couple different ctmh sets for the gate, flowers, butterfly and bird. I got the main image and the sun in a swap!! (I am still hesitate to color the sky in blue because I am afraid I will totally ruin it!!) I have to take baby steps!! (LOL) But I am still pleased with how it turned out!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week-end!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! Love the scene. I haven't tried those yet either. Very scary! But your's turned out fantastic!!

Sandy said...

I love these images -- the card is Beautiful!!!! I love the whole scene of the card.

Sandy

Chatdoro said...

So lovely card, wonderful bravo bises chatdoro

Andrea said...

Your card is sooooo cute, i love it!

Marja Sch said...

This is a lovely card. You have put a lot of cute details in it. Just great. Maybe this can help you for background idea's.Hugs Marja

http://artfullyila.blogspot.com/2008/03/background-tutorial.html

Diane.W. said...

Really gorgeous card! :o)x

Unknown said...

Wow Kathy!! This is really cute. I love how you combined a bunch of different stamps to make the scene. I'd be afaid to color the sky too!!

Jessica Smith said...

Love the scene so cute.
Please check out my blog I have something for you.

Heike's Creativeplace said...

your Works are all soooooo Fantastic, wonderful :-)).

Murielle said...

Great card, I love your card fantastic

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

so cute ... love your coloring

Annie said...

what a gorgeous card! love all the little bits and pieces you've added too!

Ceal said...

Too Cute!

Julie said...

fab card