Monday, April 25, 2011

There's no place like home......

Good Morning!!!
Today is the start of the April project over at
The new challenge is to create something with
.....mom in mind!

Well my mom absolutely loves birdhouses!! This image
from Belles and Whistles that was just released worked
perfect for my wooden birdhouse.  Also I just moved
much farther away from her and wanted her to know
that no matter what "Home" was still so important to me.
(Sorry for all the photos but I wanted to show every angle! LOL)

This is also for the Wild Orchid Challenge. They want to
see white +2 with a twist of roses. I have added pink and
blue to white and I have a ton of WOC roses!!!

This is so not my mom's style but I thought that if it was
sitting at her house and she looked at it, she would think
of me!! (My mom's a no frills, simple type of person)
Here the image pulls out as a tag:
The second pocket is for a gift card! I just put the
Kraft paper in there so you can see it is a pocket.
A close up of the cute image:


I found this adorable wooden birdhouse at Hobby Lobby and
altered it to fit my shabby style. Of course it is slathered in
crackle distress paint in Painted Fence.


Here is the side of it. The other side is identical. I added blooms from
Wild Orchid Crafts to the roof and added a ton of glitter. It
is hard to see in this picture:


Here is the back of the house.  I put a Melissa Frances rub-on
to finish it off.


I liked this nest I found as well. It was to cute not to use so I
threw it on top of the house. It can be like a porch!! LOL


Papers ~ Melissa Frances ~ 5th Avenue
Accessories ~ Flowers, lace and shabby ribbon ~ Wild Orchid Crafts
bells, birdhouse, cheesecloth ~ Hobby Lobby

Well that is it! I can't wait to see what you all create for
your moms!!! You have a month to play along with us and the winner
will get 2 EB Digis and a gift certificate for $20 to
Michelle's scrapbooking and more online store!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I will be back tomorrow
with my card for the Belles and Whistles challenge that
started today.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
:)Kathy

18 comments:

Wax Beach Artist said...

I know your mother will love and treasure this bird house even if it's not her style. The sentiment on the back will probably bring tears to her eyes. When our babies leave the nest it is nice to know they still think of us and I am sure a bird house made by you with love, in any style, will mean the world to her. Connie :)

Renkata said...

Kathy this is such a precious gift for Mama.
Love the shabby romantic look.

Louise said...

WOW Kathy!
This is absolutely gorgoues!
Love every single detail, it´s amazing! The flowers on the roof and the stamped cuter than cute image is so beautiful :)
Stunning coloring as well :)

Hugs

Francy said...

wow this birdhouse is gorgeous. I'm sure that your mom when received this gift are very happy.
Francy

Julie said...

Wow what an absolutely gorgeous piece of work! I love it.

ellabella said...

OMG Kathy....Breathtaking. This is so nice. I love everything about it. This is so creative, and so adorable.
Fabulous inspiration, hugs Janine

Lorraine said...

WOW, OMG, what a gorgeous birdhouse! So many beautiful details! Your mom will treasure it, I'm sure!

cardmaking bird said...

I must add another WOW!!! This is absolutely beautiful. The birdhouse is amazing, all the flowers on the roof just look gorgeous. I think I can safely say that your mum will love it!!! Hugs, Marie xxx

Lynda Nielsen said...

YOWEE Weeeeee girl, this is one of the most stunning things I've seen in a very long time.... I just don't know how you do it... My oh MY... Your mom will LOVE this to pieces.... Yep, I think I could use a few lessons from you my girl. =)

Great Big Hugs,
Lynda =)

Elise said...

Oh-my-GOSH!!!! Okay, for one thing, I think you DIDN'T take enough pictures for me to look at! lol! I keep wanting MORE pictures!!! sigh .. this is INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS Kathy! Your mom will LOVE this to pieces! I am so in love with your style .. it comforts me and gives me so much joy! :) Wow wow wow!!! You're AMAZING!!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Julie said...

Your birdhouse is stunning, so vintage. I love the special touches you added, like the flowers on the roof, and the nest. Fabulous!

Hugz,
Julie

debby4000 said...

Oh these are stunning Kathy, especially love all the fabulous details on the birdhouse.
luv
Debby

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
Kathy these are utterly exquisite!
hugs
kim x

Essmo said...

Wow!!!! This is just gourgeos! Love it!

elsi67 said...

Wow, wow, wow..... this is amazing!! Your mother has to love this for sure :) Thanks for joining us at WOC ♥

Dunja said...

HI Kathy, wow, so stunning work. Your mother will love it :) It's an adorable creation. Love the little shabby style :)
Your colouring is perfect.

Love and Hugs
Dunja

Kim said...

Kathy this is absolutely gorgeous hun! Wow what a beauty!!!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Iulia said...

This is absolutely amazing Kathy! No wonder you have won at WOC challenges! I don't think it can get better than this! Great work!
Hugs, Iulia