Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daddy's Girl......

Good Morning!
Today is the start of a new challenge
over at Wild Orchid Crafts and

Belles and Whistles would love to see "Spring".
(And so would alot of other people too! LOL)
That means spring images, spring colors ~ whatever
makes you think of spring.

Wild Orchid Crafts wants to see you use Dies/punches.
I use them on just about every card so that one
was pretty easy.

I again made one card for both challenges and
this is my take on it:


These colors just scream Spring to me. The pastels and whites together.
I think because they are pretty Eastery looking. I also
added a ton of glitter, a butterfly and flowers. They are springy for
sure. I know they are not very colorful but I
thought the white would look good with a colorful
background.  Here is a close-up of all my glitter:


Paper ~ Prima
Inks ~ Distress inks (Spun Sugar, tumbled glass,tattered rose)
and Twinkling h20's (Tahitian sky, Bashful blue)
Accessories ~ Magnolia flower die, leaf die and lace die
Spellbinders Oval and scalloped oval, PTI butterfly
Flowers, lace and pearls ~ Wild Orchid Crafts

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
I hope you all have a great start to your week!
I am happy as it is the Mom's get together tomorrow
and I haven't been able to do it for a few weeks
since kids have been sick!!  Hopefully they
all wake up tomorrow healthy! LOL

:)Kathy


17 comments:

Gina L said...

You are right...the white sets the pastel colors off very nicely. This is a gorgeous card!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Kathy, adorable image.
luv
Debby

FairyD said...

Absolutely beautiful Kathy....the colours are just gorgeous..and you tie a VERY tidy bow!!! That's another thing I need lessons in!!!;o)

Gayle x

Jodie from Oz said...

Kathy, Your card is beautiful, I love the pretty papers, the colours are soft and coloured wonderfully. My visit is way overdue again, have a great week. hugs Jodie from Oz

Mary Lou said...

Hi Kathy~~Amazing Card!! Love these springy colors!!!
Beautiful Hun and thanks for you sweetness ;)
I soooo very much agree-- Every EB images is Adorable and loveable :D
Hope you have a fabulous day!!!
Hugz

xGemmax said...

Wow! its stunning sweetie!
hugs and xxx

Renkata said...

Such an amazing card Kathy. Love how you have coloured her.

Deb said...

such a beautiful card Kathy, love the pretty delicate colours, enjoy your Mums meet up! hugs Debx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kathy,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

BA said...

hi kathy
this is absolutely beautiful
xoxo BA

Elise said...

Hi Kathy!!! Oh gosh ... you already KNOW what I think of your creations .. each one is absolutely BREATHTAKING! I love your soft colors and the shabby chic look you give to each one! Yes, these colors are sooooo beautiful and springy! I think I'd love to do them all year long .. what d'ya think? hehe! :) Once again, you've created something so GORGEOUS and STUNNING my friend!!! I looove it!

ps... hope the girls are all well! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise

Mieke said...

She's adorable. I love thecolours and the stamp.

have a nice day.

XX Mieke

http://hethobbyhoekje-vanmieke.blogspot.com/

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Kathy! I just love the colours together and yes, they shout Spring to me too! They also remind me of icecream colours, lovely! Love the image - you have coloured her in perfectly as always. Hugs, Teresa x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my Kathy!! This is so so gorgeous!! You are such an expert at adding the most beautiful elements with your flowers and design!! Gorgeous coloring and style sweetie!! Have a great week!! HUGS

Jodi said...

Oh Kathy your stunning coloring and pretty embellishments made this into a beautiful Spring card!! Wonderful work as always!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Karen Howard said...

This is really beautiful! Love the image and layout you used! Your cards are amazing, I'm your newest follower. Hugs, Karen

Tammi said...

Sweet as can be, the glitter adds a beautiful touch!