Monday, January 31, 2011

Shabby vintage.....

Good Morning!!
Did you all have a lovely week-end?
I couldn't have had better weather ~ it was sunny and 77!
Just gorgeous! Now I have Spring fever! LOL

Anyways it is Monday and time for a new challenge at Wild Orchid
Crafts and Belles and Whistles. WOC new challenge is to create
something "Love themed" and Belles and Whistles
is to create something vintage. So I have decided to combine my
challenges.  My daughter has been driving me nuts about
doing a girly house for her and I finally got around to it:


This house is totally inspired by LilyBean's Paperie. I love her creations
and have been wanting to do a house for awhile. I settled for this
house box that I got from My Time Made Easy.  I am pretty pleased
with how it turned out and I hope my daughter will like it as well!
I found once I started adding stuff to it I couldn't stop! LOL
It still took me less time than a card though.
Here is the back:


The roof is just a bunch of buttons glued and then
a ton of tinsel glitter poured on top of them.
Here is a side view:


I have decided to put some of her favorite cookies inside:


Here is the matching card to go with the house box.
I just adore this sweet image and love that it can be used
for anything and everything. I have distressed all my edges with
vintage photo and then lightly went around with crackle paint.
I tried to follow the same design through with my card and house.


Inks ~distress inks
Accessories ~ Stick pin, pearls, flowers, pearl hearts,lace ~ WOC
Sentiments, felt and buttons ~ PTI

Don't forget to stop by the challenge blogs and see the rest of
the DT creations!! I was blown away this week by all
the gorgeous creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you
have a fabulous week!
:)Kathy


25 comments:

Melanie-Jane said...

Wow Kathy such a pretty little house. I love the colours and I'm sure your daughter will have so much fun, when she gets to see what you have come up with. Looking at your cookies, I just thought yummi... I also feel like eating cookies now LOL :o)
Have a great week.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

mar1ene said...

Stunning and delicious Kathy, I'm drooling all over both the house and gorgeous card!!
Have a fabby week hun,
Hugs, Marlene x

FairyD said...

Lordy Lordy!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Oh to have one teaspoon of your talent..x

FairyD x

Debbie said...

I am speechless, it is so beautiful that I am at a lose for words. Great job with the challenges


Hugs
Debbie

Dena said...

Kathy, What an AMAZING project! This is simply stunning! I bet she treasures it forever!!! Such an adorable card to go with it too!!!!
I'm glad you are likin' your Texas weather.
BTW, I use Strathmore 90lbs. for my watercolor paper. Sorry I am just giving you that info. haha!
Hugs, Dena

*Vicki* said...

Oh Kathy...you always make such the greatest designs here!! I adore your little box and all of your stunning details you've put with this!! Gorgeous design and yummy coloring girl!! Great job with Vintage!! :)

Renkata said...

Kathy this cute little house is so yummy.
Beautiful card.

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Stunning Kathy!! Love both the house and card.....my granddaugher would just love them so this would be perfect for her birthday! Thanks for the idea!

Blessings,
Gloria

Sharon Keanly said...

A stunning little house, which I am sure your daughter will adore. Matches the card beautifully. Love your work Kathy.!

Mina said...

wow Kathy that house with its button roof is amazing, gorgeous card too of course
Mina xxx

Julie said...

What a cute project and the card is lovely too, not to mention the contents of the house.

Elise said...

OMGosh!!! Kathy! You are INCREDIBLE!!! That house you made for your lucky daughter is just AMAZING!!!! It's filled with fabulous details ... not to mention scrumptious looking cookies! hehe! And your card is STUNNING as always! You have such a wonderful style that I find to be soooOOoo dreamy! :) Love love love!

Hugs to you!
Elise

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW the little house is wonderful, with such gorgeous details and the matching card is just as stunning.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So beautiful card and box Kathy,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Silvie Z said...

OMG, Kathy, your house box is fantastic (and the cookies look yummy too :-)!!! You are so creative! Very pretty soft colors and I love the buttons on the roof - what a clever idea! And such a beautiful card with so many gorgeous details to go with! I'm sure your daughter loves this set!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Pops x said...

Absolutely beautiful sweetie, big hugs pops x x x

Linda Palmer said...

This little house is beautiful and so it the matching card. Awesome creations and love the shabby chic look to it all.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful house and matching card. Your buttons look almost good enough to eat! Stunning! Hugs, Lesley

Lim said...

Oh Kathy, what a beautiful set. The card is stunning and the little box is amazing!!! I love them both!!!
Thank you so much for your comment on my vintage cards. The punches are from Martha Stewart (Brown and burgundy card) and EK (pink and green card) JoAnn Fabrics is having a big sale on punches right now so all the Ek are on sale for $8.99

Good Luck!

Hugs,
LIM :)

Satu said...

I really, really love this, it's so cute. And yes, i has a nice weekend :) But weather was very different as you, here was about -10 c (14 F) and raining 10 cm (4") snow :)
You can look the picture of my garden here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31821582&l=1d41f9b75a&id=1532820081

Open places snow can be about 80-100 cm....

Now you thinking where i live? i am from Finland :)

I read your blog almost every day :) Keep going !

Bettina said...

i think you need my adress,lol. its just wonderful. the colors are fab and everything looks so yummy and delicious.gee im getting hungry for a snack now, look what you did,lol its stunning dear.

Rach said...

oh wow, this is delish.. my jaw is sore from hitting the floor... wow.xx

Tammi said...

I love her work too, this def. reminded me of it...wow, just gorgeous Kathy! The card is stunning and so pretty too, always love your gorgeous creations! 77 degrees, oooohhh would love some of that!! Enjoy that fabulous weather!

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

having a {me} day said...

WOWW!!!!!! This house is AWESOME!!! And then you made a card too??!!! These are soooo beautiful. Love that aodrable image and you are right, she is perfect for most things. keeleyxx