Monday, January 17, 2011

Let's get Sentimental..........

Good Morning!
Today it is time for another challenge at
(By the way did you see they have some gorgeous Trellis roses
and new poppy colors now in stock!!! They are gorgeous!)

Anyways the new challenge is Let's get Sentimental!
Easy Peasy right? I decided to make a
valentine card for my youngest so I went
with pink and blue. (I warned that this was my favorite
paper lately!!) Anyways I have used another Teddy Bea
digi stamp and I think this is my favorite too!


I decided to go with an easel card but regretted it later!! LOL
It took me ages to get a good photo! If any of you have any
tips can you let me know PLEASE!!!!! Here is a close up
of just the top part of the card. I wanted her to hold a heart
to go with my sentiment on the bottom part of the card.


Here is a close up of the bottom. Sorry for so many photos but
as I said before I had a tough time!
Also I finally got the vintage tag die and just had to use
it!! I was sick of seeing everyone else use it and broke down
and got me one!


Here is a close up of sweet Teddy Bea! I just love these
sweet bears with there cute hats and boots!


Stamps ~ Teddy Bea, Heart sentiment ~ Printworks, bottom sentiment ~ PTI
Inks ~ distress (Brushed Corduroy, Spun Sugar, broken glass
Over that are my twinkling h20's
Papers ~ mix of Prima and Pink Paislee
Accessories ~ Magnolia die, heart ~ nestie, twine and button ~ PTI
Lace, flowers and pearls ~ Wild Orchid Crafts.
I also put stickles everywhere again!

I have used a sketch from some challenge but it has slipped my mind!
Must be my age ~ I am getting older this week! LOL
I am also entering this into the Teddy Bo Challenge which
Wild Orchid Crafts is also hosting.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I want
to thank you all for your lovely comments!
I enjoy each and every one of them!

Have a lovely day!
:)Kathy

20 comments:

Kylie said...

Hi Kathy! This is just adorable!
Hugs
Kylie

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Renkata said...

Kathy these bears are very sweet, I must check them :)
Very pretty and jouful card.

Debbie said...

Ah no regrets.. your pictures came out great.. I can't get good shots either..I've read in some peoples blogs that it can be the time of day you take your shots.. I've heard between 11 and 2 the sun is just right. Haven't tried it yet, but it's worth a try..I also just started to put white card stock behind the card which does help, made a trifold for behind and a piece for underneath.

The card is adorable, love the bear so cute..

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the layers and the colors!

FairyD said...

Oh Kathy it's absolutely stunning!!! The colours, the layers, the handwriting, the hangy bits....there's NOTHING that's not perfect!!!

Thank you so much for finding us Kathy....xxx

FairyD x

Dena said...

Kathy! Guess what I did yesterday???? I bought a little bear and will be showing it Tuesday! Thanks for the heads up about these adorable little guys!
Your cards are always amazing! This one is no exception. Beautiful colors in the paper and they go so cute with Teddy Bea!!!
Now, I am no expert but I do find if you take the picture from more of a distance you will get a clearer picture and then trim down in photoshop.
Hugs, Dena

Teresa said...

Hi Kathy - I love your cards. I really like the way the little teddy is holding a heart.
Just lovely, Teresa
x

Clairebears said...

Its simply beautiful!
She looks so cute in her blue and pink. It must have taken you ages to make!
Thank you for entering Teddy Bo's challenge.
Good Luck
Love Clairebears x

Padster said...

Love the card - the photos are great - I'm struggling to get decent photos of normal cards at the mo with this dreary January weather. So glad you love our Teddy friends and thanks for joining our first challenge
Hugs,
Debbie x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely image, beautiful card! Hugs, Lesley

Lilian said...

Gorgeous work Kathy! Don't be sorry - you've made a real beauty! I am so loving your coloring, color combination and mix of papers and your details - always. You know that already right? ;)

Lilian said...

Gorgeous work Kathy! Don't be sorry - you've made a real beauty! I am so loving your coloring, color combination and mix of papers and your details - always. You know that already right? ;)

Elise said...

Kathy .. hun .. this is again GORGEOUS! Your work is phenomenal and I always love seeing what you make next! Your colouring, your layouts, your elements .. it's all so FABULOUS and BEAUTIFUL!

And as for your pics ... well they're beautiful as ever! :) You take GREAT pics love!

Much Hugs,
Elise

Colette said...

Lovely card, the colouring is fabulous, glad you could join us at Teddy Bo challenge this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

FairyD said...

Just me back for another looky!!! It's just so lovely xxx

FairyD x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful card using Bea! Thanks for playing along this week over at Teddy Bo Challenge, good luck! hugs Heidi xx

Pops x said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the image really sweet, gorgeous colours and papers too,big hugs love Pops x x x

Sue said...

Beautiful colors and love all the details, so much to look at and enjoy. That image is so sweet, bears seem to always be cute!

Thanks for your comments, always appreciated.

Hugs
Sue

Pam S. said...

so charming Kathy! We're sure hard on ourselves about photos aren't we?! lol
Something that has helped me is making sure I'm close up if I'm using the close up setting or macro setting. If using "auto" I don't think it's as crucial... I use a DSLR but most of the time I leave it on close-up/the flower. Today I learned a little about using the "p" and "av" setting and what to set the ISO on for different lighting and what the F stop should be on... so... more challenges ahead! eek! lol
Your bear cards are just precious... adorably colored and designed... glad you're back!
Pam Going Postal