Monday, January 3, 2011

Double Dose of Challenges......

Good Morning!
AND Happy New Year!!!
I hope all is off to a good start for all of you.

Today is a new challenge over at Wild Orchid Crafts and
Belles and Whistles.  With the start of a new year they
are both falling on the same day now.
The fabulous sketch is the new challenge at WOC and
this week at BNW I got to choose the challenge and I
went with "Snowflakes".  I was hard up for time so I
combined them into one card:

Now with all the shimmer and glitter it was so hard for me to get
a decent picture! The sentiment was especially hard and it reads
Let It Snow.  Don't know why it shimmers so much!  Isn't this
image just darling!!!!! She was a stamp that was released just
for the heck of it at the beginning of December! You can find


I decided to make a card with an ornament in it. I just adhered
it with a foam dot and it slides on and off pretty easy.
The papers are Webster's Pages, the snowflakes are a
die from WOJ and the glitter is Martha Stewart.


As you can see from the above picture I have used some rhinestone
gems. WELL they are now available at WOC. AND they
have a boatload of colors!!!  Also they now have the most
gorgeous hip rosebuds and open roses I have ever seen and the size is perfect!
You can find all of them here in the New Products section.
The lace is also from WOC as well.



Well that is it from me for today!
Thanks so much for stopping by and again I
hope you all have the happiest New Year!
:)Kathy


15 comments:

Renkata said...

Such a sweet and adorable card.
Love the colours combo.

*Vicki* said...

Hi Kathy!! Wow!! What a really gorgeous card!! I love the beautiful snowflake with all of the sparkle!! Your coloring is so awesome!! Great challenge!! :)

Juls said...

just too gorgeous for words!! Love your use of Kraft! Hugs Juls

Dianne said...

Absolutely Stunning! I love the pink combo and your coloring really brought the image to life.

Hugs,
Dianne

Happy New Year !!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Kathy,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Tammi said...

She's sweet, beautiful coloring and card...fabby snowflake detail! Wishing you a wonderful New Year Kathy! ~hugs

Elise said...

Kathy! Every time I see your creations it's like .. sooooOOooo DREAMY! I love how everything is so soft and yet the impact on my eyes is like, "Wooooowwwweee!" hehe! You always put just the perfect elements on your creations with the perfect touches of distress! GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!

Big Hugs,
Elise

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card Kathy. Lovely to have you back blogging and hope you've settled in your new home.
luv
Debby

sallysbitz said...

Lovely card xx
It is annoying when all the glitz do not allow a perfect pic! Been there, done that & wore the t-shirt Lol as I suppose every crafter out there as.

This is a great sketch & think I am going to have a go too x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Just lovely Kathy and so great to have you back in the land of crafting! Your card is so gorgeous and I just love your style!

Hope life is getting into a routine for you all now!

Hugs Judy xx

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Love your card Kathy! The snowflake
ornament is an awesome idea! Have a Blessed New Year!

Gloria

Pysselbus said...

Stunning!! I love it!! I think I just have to try this challange for the fun of it...

Happy new crafting year!!

Hugs
Linda

Mina said...

stunning card Kathy, I love the added lace and this is one of my favourite belles and whistles images
Mina xxx

Sanela Kubiak said...

Beautiful Card!!!