Monday, October 18, 2010

WOC *Pastels*.....

Good Morning!
I hope you all had a fabulous week-end!
They just go by too fast though don't they??

Anyways today is the start of another challenge over
The challenge is to use Pastels!!
I must admit I found it hard!! LOL
Once I decided to start fall it was hard
to go back to lighter colors!!  I dug out
some of my favorite Fancy Pants papers and went
from there.  I also had this image stamped
but never colored so I used that up as well!


Of course I had to use some crackle distress paint in Picket Fence.
I had some perfect pastel flowers from WOC to match the papers.
These are some of the Cherry blossoms and a large rose.
(BTW ~ they are having a sale on some flowers)


I also wanted to give a close up of the gorgeous lace. It is
such a nice width too! It is perfect alone or for the
layering that I like. The intricate detail still shows through
the bottom when I layer it!! I think it is so pretty!


That sentiment is from Stamping Bella. I have had it for years
and I think it fits alot of the Belles and Whistles Spring
images that have cleaning themes.

Well that is it for today, I hope you all have a
fabulous start to your week and I hope to see
your fabulous creations with your pastels!!
Take care and thanks so much for stopping by!
:)Kathy

15 comments:

Shazza said...

gorgeous card, love that lace and must go check out those flowers on sale x

Kim Piggott said...

So very beautiful Kathy!
Gorgeous colours!
hugs
kim x

Kim said...

Kathy this is absolutely amazing hun! What a gorgeous creation..your image is colored so beautifully and I love your use of pastels!
Hugs ~ Kim

Anne said...

Oh, this is just so lovely!
Fantastick layout and georgeus embellishments. :)

Hugs.

Riet said...

Beautiful card Kathy,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sandy said...

She's precious! I don't care what colors you use, you always do them such justice! Great card!

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Kathy. Love the colouring of the sweet image and wonderful details also. Hugs Michele x

Janette said...

very pretty Kathy! I love the colors and I hardly ever pull out the purple, thanks for the inspiration. I agree, gotta love the lace and the gorgeous flowers. I am addicted to them now lol.

Tara said...

This is beautiful Kathy, the lace is really pretty and I love that sweet image! ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Pops x said...

This is so pretty, i love the image you have chosen and your colours are fab, big hugs love Pops x x x

Lana said...

Beautiful card xoxo

Jannhild said...

Love your card!!
Very beautiful, Kathy!!
Beautiful colored image and your decoration on the card is fantastic!

Hugs, Jannhild

Victoria said...

This is so stunning
sorry I have not visited in a while have had computer problems, hope all is ok with you,

hugs Vicky xx

Tammi said...

Hi Kathy, your card is lovely, so pretty with your layers, flowers and coloring! ~hugs

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love the lace & pearl details.